Going punting in Cambridge?
Then ask yourself these two questions:
- Why wait?
- Why share?
If you’re coming to Cambridge in a larger group, or if you’d simply prefer not to share, then our private punt tours are the best option for you.
Beat the queues
Your boat(s) will be ready and waiting for you upon your arrival at the punt station and we’ll set off as soon as all of your party are aboard. Each of our punts can seat up to 12 people (prices below). The price includes your chauffeur, ensuring you get the chance to really enjoy your trip along the river Cam.
If you’ve got specific requests then please let us know so that we can attempt to incorporate these into your 45-minute tour of the glorious Cambridge Backs.
What’s the deal?
- Approx 45 minutes to 1 hour boat trip along the river Cam in a traditional wooden punt (longer or one way tours available upon request)
- 8 famous Cambridge University colleges (along the part of the river known as ‘The Backs’), including but not limited to: Magdalene, St John’s, Trinity, King’s and Queens’ colleges
- 9 famous (and some not so famous) bridges along the route, such as the Bridge of Sighs and the Mathematical (wooden) bridge
- One of our excellent punt chauffeurs (one per boat!) – they really are excellent, just check out our reviews – to do all of the hard work (the punting) and tell you about the history, student life, architecture and funny anecdotes as you float along the river
- Our punts seat a maximum of 12 passengers per boat but you can book more than one (for bookings of more than 2 punts, please contact us to arrange)
- Your punt tour leaves at the time of your choosing – please try to make sure you arrive 10 – 15 minutes beforehand to allow time to get everyone boarded, especially if you are in a large party
- Blankets if it’s cold, umbrellas if it’s raining
- You are welcome to bring food and drink with you (bear in mind that you might need to share your sandwiches with the resident waterfowl!)
- You’re welcome to bring pets as long as they are well behaved and don’t try to eat the other passengers
- You book on to your tour at the punt station upon arrival and presentation of your booking confirmation.
To qualify for these on-line only discounts and ensure availability of your chosen date and time, it’s essential that you book in advance.
Private Punt Tours
Online Exclusive (week day)
Online Exclusive (weekend)
12 Seater Punt
Book your private punt tour now
Price (per punt)
No. of punts required*
|*Please contact us to arrange more than two private punts.|
All online payments are taken through WorldPay, our payment transaction partner, with industry leading security and fraud prevention systems.
Your financial information is never shared with us. Once your payment is complete you will be emailed a receipt for the transaction.
From time to time we run special offers. These offers are available to our existing customers, as well as our Twitter and Facebook followers. Follow us on social media to make sure that you’re not missing out.