All bookings and eTickets are subject to availability – please refer to the sections below for specifics.
- For private tours please ensure that you arrive at least 15 minutes before your tour departure time, to allow sufficient time to get all passengers checked in and boarded onto your punt(s). You must contact us if you know you are going to be delayed, giving us as much notice as possible so that we can attempt to reschedule your tour. Arriving more than 10 minutes after your allotted tour time may lead to further delays and/or reduced tour times.
- eTickets can only be purchased online.
- eTickets are valid from the time of purchase.
- eTickets do not guarantee spaces on any particular tour. Upon arrival at the punt station you will be seated on the next available tour.
- You may use an eTicket at any time and on any date within normal opening hours. The punt station may be closed due to adverse weather conditions or other factors out of our control.
- eTickets are valid for 6 months from the date of purchase. After 6 months they expire and may no longer be used. They cannot be cancelled and are non-refundable.
- From time to time we may run special offers on etickets. Any terms and conditions specific to those offers supersede those stated here (e.g validity periods, etc)
Cancellations / Refunds Policy
- eTickets are non-refundable. They are valid for 6 months from the date of purchase, except were stated otherwise e.g. during special offer periods. After the specified time (usually 6 months) they expire and may no longer be used.
- All refunds are at the discretion of Cambridge River Tours.
- If you wish to cancel a booking for a single punt we require a minimum of 48 hours prior notice*. Any bookings cancelled within the notice period of the departure time will forfeit their deposit, or if full payment has been made in advance, 25% of the booking fee.
- If you wish to cancel a booking for more than one punt we require a minimum of 7 days prior notice*. Any bookings cancelled within the notice period of the departure time will forfeit their deposit, or if full payment has been made in advance, 25% of the booking fee.
- The cancellation notice periods take into account poor weather conditions. If on the day you are due to go it is raining we may offer to delay your departure (should this be possible) until the weather improves.
- We reserve the right to cancel bookings if the need arises, for example, when it is too dangerous to punt. We will always provide as much notice as possible but we may be subject to circumstances outside of our control.
- *’Prior notice’ requires you to have communicated with Cambridge River Tours AND received a confirmation that your message has been received and understood.
Health and Safety
- We reserve the right to refuse access to a punt tour if a client appears intoxicated or under the influence of illicit substances. If you arrive at the punt station in a condition that we believe renders you a danger to yourself or others on the water, we will not allow you to punt with us. You will NOT be entitled to any refund under these circumstances.
- We operate a zero-tolerance policy to abusive or aggressive behaviour towards our staff and chauffeurs. Any transgressions of this nature will be reported to the police and will result in blacklisting – this information will be shared with all of the Cambridge Punt Operators. You will NOT be entitled to any refund under these circumstances.
- Please respect your chauffeur at all times. Pay particular notice to any safety announcements and keep your arms and legs inside the punt at all times. Whilst our chauffeurs do their best to avoid collisions it is not always possible. We can accept no responsibility for loss or injury caused by your failure to adhere to our safety guidelines.
Last updated – March 2018. Cambridge River Tours. All rights reserved.